Monday, October 3, 2011

[Girl♥Health]: What October Has in Store...

Now that September has come and gone in a blur of Yay, I did it!, I thought it would be a good idea to build my October Action Plan.  I think that last month's plan was really helpful for reminding me of all the little things I wanted to do and needed to incorporate somehow into my days.  Hopefully, this action plan will do the same!

October Action Plan

My main EXERCISE goal for the month is to continue to incorporate workouts into my life.  I think I've done a fairly good job at getting a start on this in September, so October will be a little easier in a way.  One of the main things I want to do is begin waking up and working out earlier so that -- fingers crossed -- when I get a job, having to fit exercise in before work won't be such a jolt to my system.  My other exercise goal is to do what I didn't get a chance to do last month because of my back, so trying out different types of workouts (and ones that don't all come on DVD) are definitely on the agenda.  Finally, a big HUGE goal is, by the end of the month, to be well on my way to being prepared for my 5k (which is in early November) -- that means nearly running the full 3.1 miles!

In terms of my FOOD goals this month, I want to concentrate on exploring healthier food options.  In September, Nate and I managed to drastically change our diets by cutting back on all the unhealthy foods we were eating and replacing those with the limited amount of healthy food options we knew how to make.  This month, I want to expand on those options so that we're not eating the same 5 grains and vegetables at every meal for the rest of our lives.

Key Activities:
Wake up before 8:30am (weekdays)
Continue to eat breakfast, lunch and small snacks throughout the day (daily)
Continue to run -- I use Women's Health Magazine's running guide for beginners (4 days a week)
Begin running outside
Back strengthening exercises (3 days a week)
Pilates or yoga at home -- in search of a good DVD's (3 days a week)
Try a pilates class (at least once)
Try a new recipe (twice a week)
Continue to read food labels -- don't buy what I can't pronounce and what's not naturally raised

Reward:
A heart rate monitor (if I have a job by the end of the month), or the $75 Gap giftcard Nate got for me (which I can use to buy some workout pants).
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...