Monday, September 26, 2011

[Girl♥Health]: I Need New Workout Music!

I have a small confession to make: I'm really bad at keeping up to date with new hip-hop/rap/r&b/dance music.  Like, really bad.  Example: You know that song "Shots" by LMFAO?  Yeah, the first time I actually heard that song was two weeks ago.  Two weeks ago.  It came out in 2009.

Sidenote: In all honestly, I think I've avoided listening to that song until now because holy crap the lyrics are horrible!  What the hell is wrong with us that we actually like this stuff?!

I mean, I don't live under a rock so I've of course heard of these sort of songs, but it's just really not my type of music.  Unless -- and here's where the entire point of this post comes in -- I'm working out.  Then, I want to listen to this crap like it's going out of style.  It's high energy, it's got this massive beat that's great for running, it gets you pumped, it's pretty perfect really.

But my knowledge of music outside of my typical genres consist primarily of my Taio Cruz Pandora playlist (and the only reason I have that playlist is because my best friends listen to it all the time and it's rubbed off on me) and music that came out while I was in college, which was more than six years ago.  So I'm in some serious need of some new workout music!

I would love to hear your suggestions.  What do you like to listen to when you workout?  Don't worry if the lyrics of these songs are just as bad as "Shots" -- at this point, if it's giving me the energy to finish my runs, I'm not discriminating.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...