Monday, September 26, 2011

[Girl♥Health]: Daily Workout Stats

Type of Workout:  Treadmill - run/walk
Duration:  20 min.
Calories Burned:  116 cal.
Description:  10 min warm up walk, next 6 min alternate between 1 min walking and 1 min running, 4 min cool-down walk.

I'm back!  Well, almost back.  I'm at about 97% after nearly two weeks of being useless to my exercise plan because of my back.  But -- at long last -- here I am, fresh from my post-workout shower, munching on a pink lady apple, and so ecstatic that I was able to do some running this morning!

So I took it pretty easy today, both because of that pesky 3% of my back that still insists on being a little stiff and painful, and because I was hesitant to jump straight back into things at full-speed at the risk of not meeting my daily workout goal and dealing with the disappointment that would cause.  I also promised Nate that I would start up slow again so I wouldn't get injured my first day back.

But the run/walk was great.  There's some soreness in my lower back muscles now that the workout is done, but nothing I can't handle.  And best of all, once I began running, I realized that I wanted to run longer!  Did you get that?  I wanted to run longer.  That is huge.

Needless to say, I'm a happy girl this morning. 

What's coming up for me this week?  Finding exercises to strengthen my back, continuing to stretch properly when I workout, and trying my hand at yoga.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...