Thursday, September 29, 2011

[Girl♥Health]: Daily Workout Stats

Type of Workout:  Yoga (in the absolute loosest sense of the word)
Duration:  Maybe 20 min?
Description:  Yoga Journal's Yoga Basics DVD with Patricia Walden (circa forever ago)

So as promised yesterday, today I decided to try working out in the morning before my internship.  It turns out this wasn't so hard to do because I was working from home today, so I'll have to give it another go around on Tuesday and see how it's really going for me.  But I'm celebrating the little victories here so Yay! for doing what I said I'd do!

My workout of choice was yoga.  Now, for those of you who don't know this yet, I've tried yoga all of once in my life, and that was three or four years ago.  It was ugly then, and it was ugly now.  I don't know, maybe it's because I'm just not flexible (yet) and don't know the poses (yet), but it's just so hard.  And maybe even a little boring.  Granted, this was yoga at home by way of DVD, and my choice of DVDs at the local library was sorely limited, so I have to believe that it can only get better from here with a few changes (i.e. researching a really good beginner's level DVD and getting that one instead).

I will say that stretching certain muscles felt great, while stretching others definitely felt uncomfortable.  My back was twinging a little today and the miniscule amount of poses I was able to pull off seemed to help a little, so that's a plus!

I'm not giving up, though.  I will try yoga again until I either love it (so that next year I can go to this), or feel that I've given it a really good shot and must accept that it just isn't for me.  Until then, feel free to pepper me with your suggestions on DVDs, etc.  I'm all ears.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...