Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Fairly Big Stack of Books

Since I'm meeting with my bookclub tonight, I thought I'd share with you all what my current book list actually looks like.

I'm just about finished with "The Book Thief," which is what we're discussing tonight at bookclub, and it's so good.  I'll admit, it's not the type of book I usually gravitate toward, but I was surprised to find I actually really enjoyed it.  We'll be starting "Middelsex" next and I hear good things about it, though I haven't the faintest idea what it's actually about.  

I'm also sort of re-reading/skimming the two Nora Roberts books that are in the stack (don't hate on romance novels if you've never read Nora Roberts), and am taking my time to get through "Food Matters" and "The Gifts of Imperfection" -- two other books I highly recommend.  I find that it's easiest for me to enjoy what I'm reading when I have a ton of things to choose from on a daily basis.  My home library is getting pretty big (yay!), and I buy a couple of books a month so it's continuing to grow.  Because it's sort of a pain to lug around all these books when I go places, I've almost started considering a Kindle or Nook, but I just can't let go of hard copies!  Wouldn't you miss the page turning?  The smell?  The simple act of opening a book for the first time?

*sigh*  I love reading.

What are you reading?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...