Thursday, January 5, 2012

Planning a Great Year and Some Promo

Although I've never been a huge fan of New Years Eve (too much hype, rarely ever what you thought it would end up being), I have always appreciated the month of January for being a time when so many people are trying to start over, to hit that reset button, to forgive and forget all the things that went on in the last year and to gear up for the 365 days ahead of them.  It's always been a time of hopefulness, you know?

And for someone like me, that means it's a time for plotting and planning.  For envisioning all the wonderful things that could happen, for making preparations and contingency plans for the speed bumps ahead, and definitely for reevaluating priorities and setting new goals.  The thing is, though...I suck at resolutions.  Like, really suck at them.  I can't think of a single resolution I've ever made and kept.  And believe me, I make them all the time, and not just on New Years Eve.  I mean, really, does anyone keep their resolutions?  And don't resolutions just feel sort of surface-level when you think about it?  Say your resolution is to lose weight (it's been mine for the past 10 years, so why not?) -- how does that statement help you in any way?  Does it require you to lay out an action plan for losing weight?  Does it speak to your motivations and inspirations?  Does it set you up for overcoming the struggles you'll face?  Mine never did and maybe that's why I always gave up on them 2 weeks into January.

So this year I'm trying something new.  I'm going to sit down and really think through 2011 (the good, bad and ugly), and then seriously plan for 2012 -- no spur of the moment goals, no off-the-top-of-my-head hair-brained ideas.  And instead of resolutions, I'm creating a theme!  It's taking me some time, but I'm playing around with ideas like pursuing passions and exploring authenticity, all that cool stuff.  Once the theme is nailed down, I'll use it to work on a mind map and a vision board and then some action planning (with real steps and benchmarks) for the next 12 months.  I'm so excited!

I'll post all of that stuff as it develops but, to give you an idea, here's my 2011 vision board and mind map -- I actually really tried to live by the ideas on both and 2011 ended up being a serious upswing year for me.


*********************************************************

So kind of in keeping with all of this, most of you know that I'm a huge fan of Stratejoy, right?  I use a bunch of its products and am, actually, a sort of volunteer staff member too (and have we got some great things in store for you guys!).  Molly (the founder), her company, and all the women that participate in Stratejoy either through blogging or commenting or the groups have literally helped me in ways I can't even explain.  And just in case you're in a place in your life where you're looking for really supportive community, or you're doing some positive planning for 2012, or you just need some help connecting with yourself again, I wanted to share some of these resources:
  • Creating Your Magical Year: This is what I'm currently using to help with the thinking and reviewing and mapping and planning for 2012.  I took part in the live calls in December, but with this you can listen to all those call recordings, all the interviews, get all the worksheets, and even get the extra goodies Molly sent out during those three weeks.  As an organized soul, I have loved this course.  So if you're thinking of really trying to beef up those resolutions this year, go forth and try it.
  • The Joy Equation: This is what started the upward swing for me last January.  It was 30 days of absolutely turning my life around.  For those 4 weeks, you get weekly audio sessions, a workbook (that I still look at almost daily), daily journal prompts, and tons of tools to reconnect with yourself.  My favorite part is a toss up between figuring out what my values were and actually believing that it's okay for me to decide the course of my own life.  Can't say enough good things, except maybe that the price of this e-course is a "pay what you can" donation.  Seriously.
  • Joy Juice: This is a years worth of journal prompts that I'm currently using as well.  The prompts are emailed to you every few days and cover a different big life topic each month (like love, money, health, authenticity, etc.).  Because I loved how The Joy Equation's prompts got me in the habit of journaling daily again, I jumped at this.  It really does help to sort of turn light switches on in your head.  Best part is that it's all on your time, you don't have to journal every day (the emails can just hang out in your inbox...mine do until I'm in need of a topic).  I use it.  I love it.


**************************************** 
For full disclosures sake: Again, I'm a volunteer Team Stratejoy member, as well as an Affiliate.  So, as an Affiliate, if you click on the above links -- or the links in the sidebar -- and purchase any of these Stratejoy products using those links, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.  But that doesn't mean I think this stuff is any less amazeballs.  If you were a pal you would use my links.
 
I'm currently working to figure out The Mystery of the Disappearing Comment Link.  Until then, if you'd like to comment on this post, just click on the post title.  It'll take you to the posts' individual page and you can comment at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...