Wednesday, January 4, 2012

[Girl♥Health]: Daily Workout Stats

Type of Workout:  Walk with Finn around the neighborhood; run on treadmill
Duration:  1 hour (and 2 min)
Calories Burned:  290 cal.
Description:  2.2 mile walk with Finn, followed by a 1 mile run on the treadmill.  Cool-down walk and stretch.

So today is sort of a mini-celebration day.  For one thing, it's my first day back working out after over a month of lazy-assing around.  And for another, this is the first time in my life that I've been able to run a mile straight without stopping to walk for a bit.

Happy dance!

I know, it's doesn't seem like that big of a deal, right?  Because I've done a 10k and a 5k and my high school had the most nightmarish of P.E. programs ever (although to be honest, I miss it now), but I've just never gotten through that mile without stopping at least once to rest and walk and catch my breath.  It's like having a mental block -- it's been a hurdle I've just had the hardest time overcoming.  It just goes to show how out of shape and unhealthy I've been.

But it's also this crazy sort of accomplishment that feeds a desire to keep going, you know?  So I'm looking forward to sitting down and thinking of my January action plan over the next couple of days.  I'll post that as soon as it's ready!

How are your workouts shaping up in the new year?


****************************************
I'm currently working to figure out The Mystery of the Disappearing Comment Link.  Until then, if you'd like to comment on this post, just click on the post title.  It'll take you to the posts' individual page and you can comment at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...